Ranger RL-8500 Brake Lathe
Precision Combination Brake Station
- Simple. Durable. Trouble Free.
- Standard Heavy-Duty Bench
- Easily Change From Rotors to Drums
- Safe and Easy to Use
- A Proven Design That Performs Year After Year
- Quick-Change Adapter Plus System
*Some rural and remote areas may have a 5% surcharge added to the total price. Click here to see if the RATZ fee applies to you. If it states "Direct Shipping Point" there will not be a surcharge. This brake lathe ships by truck and you will need a way to get it off the truck! Residential delivery is $40.00 extra. Ranger collects California Sales Tax on all orders shipped to California. If applicable, the California sales tax, or RATZ fee will not be shown in the total when you have completed checkout and will be added to the total.*
Click here for the RL8500 Brake Lathe Brochure (pdf file)
- In contrast to mechanically-driven transmission and gear boxes, the RL-8500 uses precision electric DC servo motors designed to meet the demanding requirements of industrial motion control
- Quick-Change Adapter-Plus system with built-in springs eliminates the need for conventional bell clamps and cones.
- Works on all cars or trucks, both foreign and domestic, with hubless drums, rotors (center hole sized 2-5/32" – 4") and composite rotors (center hole sized 4" – 6-1/4")
- The RL-8500 is equipped with features that help increase your service capability, like precision twin cutter tools and a quick drum-to-rotor changeover
- Infinitely variable spindle and cross feed speed settings allow for quick rough and precision finish cuts
- Simple ergonomic controls are designed for minimal operator movement
- Legendary control makes unit easy to learn and master.
- The RL-8500 maintains accuracy year after year thanks to ruggedly constructed components, like a hardened, precision ground spindle that resists grooving and makes boots a thing of the past
- Massive tapered spindle bearings offer superior weight support during rotation
- Our exclusive "splash-lube" oil-feed system supplies a constant flow of oil to the bearings making sure they provide years of trouble-free service
- Serpentine belts provide a faster, quieter operation, reducing chatter and vibration
- An independent cross-feed motor eliminates the need for plastic or bronze shear gears which are expensive and time consuming to replace
- A convenient top storage tray means your popular adapters and tools are kept within short reach
- Separate motors on the drum and rotor feed help maximize the main motor's efficiency
- Our deluxe standard adapter package includes a Quick-Change hubless adapter system that makes mounting rotors and drums quick and easy
- A variety of adapters let you machine all standard and composite rotors for foreign and domestic cars and light trucks
- A 450-lb. cast iron body and a solid work bench reduces transient vibrations, ensuring a smooth uninterrupted surface finish with each pass
- Easily change arbor speeds in seconds: choose 150 or 200 rpm depending on the job
- Positive rake cutter tip angle provides for a 1-pass finish virtually every time, allowing you to complete your work faster than with inferior multi-pass lathes
Comes with Standard Tooling Package:
The rugged built RL-8500 provides a faster, more accurate, and easier resurfacing capability than any other brake lathe in its class. An infinitely variable speed controller means you’re able to turn rotors and drums faster and get one ‐cut micro-finish performance every time you use it. The complete lathe package includes lathe, sturdy bench, and large tool storage backboards allowing you to hang all adapters within easy reach.
The revolutionary RL-8500 uses independent DC servo motors to control the cross feed and spindle feed drives eliminating the need for complex mechanical gear boxes and transmissions typically found on mechanically driven lathes. Infinitely adjustable feed rates mean you have the ability to easily modify cut speeds with the simple turn of a dial. This allows you to reduce or increase the cut ‐time for best finish results whether speeding through an initial rough cut or a one ‐pass micro-finish.